D-Day 75 Revival
Southwick D-Day 75 Revival will be held the weekend of the 8th and 9th June 2019
For the sixth year running, the village of Southwick joins with Southwick Park to commemorate the anniversary of D-Day by offering an exciting and unique opportunity for visitors from all over the world to breathe in the atmosphere of those historic days at the nerve-centre of Operation Overlord. (Southwick is just north of the city of Portsmouth on the South Coast of England, PO17 6EA).
The lovely comment below has just been received as part of an email, which made me realise that we’re doing something really worthwhile, which raises funds for a very deserving charity and gives many people much pleasure. It doesn’t get much better than that!
“I have to say last year we came on the Sunday, the weather was unbelievable matched only by the sheer brilliance of the event. It was my birthday and I have never spent such a wonderful day despite celebrating all over the world. Thank you so much to everyone who puts in all the hard work to make the Revival happen. Unbelievably enjoyable.”
WE ARE DELIGHTED TO CONFIRM OUR EVENT PARTNER, FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING, IS THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE ROYAL NAVY, whose fundraising and restoration of LCT 7074, the sole surviving D-day landing craft, is progressing in time for the D-Day 75th anniversary year.
2019 Southwick D-Day 75 Revival Events confirmed:
- Exclusive D-Day map room visits
- “Overlord 75 @ Southwick House” exclusive evening event
- Military Wives Choir concert in St James Church
- Talks by renowned World War II military historians
- Royal Navy Cadet Field Gun Run (Squire’s Paddock)
- The village at war – Exhibition in St. James Church
- World War II military vehicles display and Motorcades
- Period funfair in Squire’s Paddock
- Village Green – Horndean band and wartime sing along
- Swing dance lessons
- 1940’s school lessons in the Old Schoolhouse
- Steam bus rides
- Live music in the Golden Lion pub and Red Lion pub
- Walking history tours
Free parking in event car parks.
Entry to Southwick D-Day 75 Revival:-
Advance online tickets: Adult £6.00 Under 16 £4.00 Under 5 Free
On the gate tickets: Adult £7.50 Under 16 £5.00 Under 5 Free
Missed out last year? Scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up to our newsletter for Early Bird ticket enrolment for Southwick D-Day 75 Revival!
Please note – this is a 1940s event, there is no ATM in the village and phone signal is limited to certain networks; O2/Vodafone are particular poor! We also have many visitors and outdoor seating can fill up quickly, so please do bring portable seating if you have trouble standing.
See video below for a taste of Southwick Revival 2018
15% OFF COSTUME HIRE FOR ALL SOUTHWICK REVIVAL VISITORS FROM HAMPSHIRE WARDROBE!
With thanks to our 2019 event partner
With thanks also to our 2019 event sponsors confirmed to date:
Follow us at – https://www.facebook.com/SouthwickRevival/
EXCLUSIVE D-DAY REVIVAL TOURS
Only available on Saturday 8 June & Sunday 9 June 2019
- Free car parking in event car park
- Period Shuttle Bus to Southwick House
- Entry to Southwick House and the famous D-Day Wall Map
- Special 45 minute talk in the Map Room by museum staff
- Entry to Royal Military Police Museum within Southwick Park
- Return Shuttle Bus
- Entry to the special exhibition of wartime village life