D-Day 75 Revival
Southwick D-Day 75 Revival will be held the weekend of the 8th and 9th June 2019
For the sixth year running, the village of Southwick joins with Southwick Park to commemorate the anniversary of D-Day by offering an exciting and unique opportunity for visitors from all over the world to breathe in the atmosphere of those historic days at the nerve-centre of Operation Overlord. (Southwick is just north of the city of Portsmouth on the South Coast of England, PO17 6EA).
“I have to say last year we came on the Sunday, the weather was unbelievable matched only by the sheer brilliance of the event. It was my birthday and I have never spent such a wonderful day despite celebrating all over the world. Thank you so much to everyone who puts in all the hard work to make the Revival happen. Unbelievably enjoyable.”
WE ARE DELIGHTED TO CONFIRM OUR EVENT PARTNER, FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING, IS THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE ROYAL NAVY, whose fundraising and restoration of LCT 7074, the sole surviving D-day landing craft, is progressing in time for the D-Day 75th anniversary year.
2019 Southwick D-Day 75 Revival Events confirmed:
- Exclusive D-Day map room visits: Tickets sold out
- “Overlord 75 @ Southwick House” exclusive evening event: Tickets sold out
- Military Wives Choir concert in St James Church: Tickets sold out
- Talks by renowned World War II military historians: Limited availability. See ‘Talks’ page for further details for Martin Bell and Peter Caddick-Adams
- Local History Talks: “Bombweed” See ‘Talks’ page for further details. Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th
- 1940’s School Lessons in the Old Schoolhouse: See ‘Talks’ page for further details.Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th
- Royal Navy Cadet Field Gun Challenge (Squire’s Paddock)
- The Village at War – Exhibition in St. James Church
- World War II military vehicles display and Motorcades
- Period funfair in Squire’s Paddock
- Village Green – Horndean band and wartime sing along
- Swing dance lessons: In the event marquee. Free to attend, no ticket required. Timings on programme
- Steam bus rides
- Live music outside the Golden Lion pub and Red Lion pub
- Walking history tours: Leave from outside the D-Day Memorial Hall. Free to attend, no ticket required. Timings on programme
Free parking in event car parks.
Entry to Southwick D-Day 75 Revival:-
Advance online tickets: Adult £6.00 Under 16 £4.00 Under 5 Free. Advance booking strongly recommended. Capacity of the Revival event limited to 4,000 per day. Once reached there will be no entry on the gate!!
Here’s the link to buy tickets now: https://www.southwickrevival.co.uk/buy-tickets-2019/
On the gate tickets: Adult £7.50 Under 16 £5.00 Under 5 Free
Missed out this year? Scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up to our newsletter for Early Bird ticket enrolment for future Southwick D-Day Revivals!
Please note – this is a 1940s event, there is no ATM in the village and phone signal is limited to certain networks; O2/Vodafone are particular poor! We also have many visitors and outdoor seating can fill up quickly, so please do bring portable seating if you have trouble standing.
15% OFF COSTUME HIRE FOR ALL SOUTHWICK REVIVAL VISITORS FROM HAMPSHIRE WARDROBE!
With thanks to our 2019 event partner
With thanks also to our 2019 event sponsors confirmed to date:
Follow us at – https://www.facebook.com/SouthwickRevival/
EXCLUSIVE D-DAY REVIVAL TOURS
Only available on Saturday 8 June & Sunday 9 June 2019
- Free car parking in event car park
- Period Shuttle Bus to Southwick House
- Entry to Southwick House and the famous D-Day Wall Map
- Special 45 minute talk in the Map Room by museum staff
- Entry to Royal Military Police Museum within Southwick Park
- Return Shuttle Bus
- Entry to the special exhibition of wartime village life