Southwick Village D-Day Revival
Details of Southwick Revival 2019 to be made available in due course, big plans coming together for the 75th anniversary of D-Day, watch this space!
Southwick Revival 2018 was held the weekend of the 9th & 10th June 2018
For the sixth year running, the village of Southwick is joined in partnership with Southwick Park to commemorate the anniversary of D-Day by offering an exciting and unique opportunity for visitors from all over the world to breathe in the atmosphere of those historic days at the nerve-centre of Operation Overlord. (Southwick is just North of Portsmouth on the South Coast of England, PO17 6EA).
2019 Southwick D-Day Revival Events
- Exclusive D-Day map room visits
- Talks by renowned World War II military historians
- Tiger 9 Aeronautical Display – Saturday 13:30, weather permitting
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fly-past confirmed for 13:02 Sunday, flight conditions permitting
- Royal Navy Cadet Field Gun Run (Squire’s Paddock) 11:00 and 14:15 both days
- The village at war – Exhibition in St. James Church
- 1940’s dinner dance
- World War II military vehicles display and Motorcade
- Period funfair in Squire’s Paddock
- Village Green – Horndean band and wartime sing along
- Swing dance lessons
- 1940s school lesson
- Steam bus rides
- Live music in the Golden Lion pub and Red Lion pub
- Walking history tours
Missed out this year? Scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up to our newsletter for Early Bird ticket enrolment for Southwick Revival 2019!
Please note – this is a 1940s event, there is no ATM in the village and phone signal is limited to certain networks; O2/Vodafone are particular poor! We also have many visitors and outdoor seating can fill up quickly, so please do bring portable seating if you have trouble standing.
See video below for a taste of Southwick Revival 2018
15% OFF COSTUME HIRE FOR ALL SOUTHWICK REVIVAL VISITORS FROM HAMPSHIRE WARDROBE!
With thanks to our 2018 event partner
With thanks to our 2018 event sponsors
Follow us at – https://www.facebook.com/SouthwickRevival/
EXCLUSIVE D-DAY REVIVAL TOURS
Only available on Saturday 9 June & Sunday 10 June 2018
- Free car parking in event car park
- Period Shuttle Bus to Southwick House
- Entry to Southwick House and the famous D-Day Wall Map
- Special 45 minute talk in the Map Room by museum staff
- Entry to Royal Military Police Museum within Southwick Park
- Return Shuttle Bus
- Entry to the special exhibition of wartime village life