- This event has passed.
1940’s School Lesson, 14.00 Sunday 9th June
June 9 @ 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm£2.00
The 1940’s School Lessons take place in the Old Schoolhouse in the centre of the village at various times each day.
The Three R’s and Wartime themed lessons will be delivered to classes of 25 maximum. Mostly appealing to under 14 year olds there is nothing to stop nostalgic ‘grown-ups’ attending in their school shorts and old school ties! Watch out for the Headmistresses wooden ruler which could dish out stinging raps on the knuckles for pupils misbehaving and woe-betide any who give her any back-chat!
Fun and educational in equal measure, this event is heavily oversubscribed, hence this year it is limited to advance tickets only to ensure a seat at the desk. Maximum 25 pupils per class.
Saturday 8th June at 11.45, 13.45 and 15.15
Sunday 9th June at 12.00 and 14.00
Print off your email receipt and bring along to the schoolhouse door as this is your ticket to the learning experience.
EXCLUSIVE D-DAY REVIVAL TOURS
Only available on Saturday 8 June & Sunday 9 June 2019
- Free car parking in event car park
- Period Shuttle Bus to Southwick House
- Entry to Southwick House and the famous D-Day Wall Map
- Special 45 minute talk in the Map Room by museum staff
- Entry to Royal Military Police Museum within Southwick Park
- Return Shuttle Bus
- Entry to the special exhibition of wartime village life